Thursday 14 November 2013

So cosy

Hello lovely people,

I am very much enjoying this Thursday for two reasons; firstly because I have the day off work (and Friday too!) and secondly because it is time for a new challenge at In The Pink.  Pink always makes me happy :-)

So, our theme this week is...

STITCHING (real or faux)

This was right up my street of course as I very rarely make a card without stitching, all done by hand.  If you want to see my little tutorial on how I do my stitching then check it out here.

I couldn't wait to get my hands on the Saturated Canary images that came on a CD ROM with Digital Crafting Essentials magazine.  This image was my favourite not least because of the lovely hair!
I had a go at leaving white highlights in the hair to increase the contrast and add more shine and think it turned out pretty well.

I have tied the satin ribbon with button twine as this worked so well on a previous card and added some pretty flowers.  I thought a little sprinkling of Frantage would add to the snowy feel and managed not to make too much mess this time!


Card recipe;
Image: Saturated Canary (with magazine)
DP: Maja Designs Vintage Spring Basics
Dies: Marianne Design stitch border, Memory Box cherry blossom (flower centres)
Frantage: Shabby White from Live and Love Crafts
Flowers: from Wild Orchid Crafts
Ribbon: from stash
Twine: from The Ribbon Girl

Copic colours;
Skin: E0000/000/00/21/11 & R30
Hair: E55/23/25
Jacket: W00/1/3/4
Leg warmers / bow/ scarf: RV91/93/95
Shoes: W3/4/5
Snow: W00/1/blender

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges;
1.  Papertake Weekly (snow and ice)
2.  Divas by Design (something snowy)
3.  A Little Bit Crafty (sparkle and shine - the Frantage is more sparkly IRL!)

The rest of the Pink Ladies have been busy creating some lovely stitched creations for your inspiration so do pop over to In The Pink to see them.

Thanks for visiting and I really appreciate any comments you leave...oh and don't forget to enter my little giveaway; the post is at the top of my blog :-D

Hugs,
Kat xx

11 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

So gorgeous, love the pink and that fab image, her hair looks great.

Marianne's Craftroom said...

So gorgeous, love the pink and that fab image, her hair looks great.

Squirrel x said...

I spotted your pink beauty on the challenge hun and had to pop over, she is soooooo gorgeous! Well done on the hair, it works so well. I just love love love the whole card! Hugs xx

Christine L said...

Your card is stunning Kat... and your stitching as always, is so perfect! Loving the Frantage touch too.. GORGEOUS!

Big Hugs
Christine x

Sammy said...

Such a lovely card! I love her hair, and the twine is a perfect touch! x

Sue said...

Stunning card Kat. I love the pretty image and your colouring looks amazing. Your stitching always looks so beautiful, I love your gorgeous detailing too.
hugs Sue xx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Oh wow, what a gorgeous card! Love the way you've coloured the image, the hair looks amazing! Fabulous job. Hugs, Wends x

Unknown said...

Oh My! Kat, this card is out of this world! LOVE the pink and the hair on the image is amazing! Those highlights work perfectly.
Now, I'm going to have to look into Frantage 'coz you seem to think it's the best thing since sliced bread and I have to admit, it looks gorgeous on your cards. Thanks for making me spend more money! xxx

Donna Ellis said...

Oh! Check out those amazing auburn highlights in her thick, curly tresses! What an amazing job of highlighting and shading, Kat. This is a darling card. She is adorable in her lavender and taupe colors. Your stitching looks great! So cute. hugs, de

Jennifer said...

WOW, WOW, and an even louder WOW! There is not one element on your card that I do not LOVE. Those colours go so well together...and as for that hair...I'm speechless.

Hugs,
Jennifer. x

DesignerDiva said...

Oooooooh love this, the soft colours and your colouring are fabulous!!
Thanks for playing along at Diva's this week and I hope you will join us again
Hugs Laurie x
I have a candy if you'd like to join in