Thursday 6 March 2014

A special pink card

Hello lovely people,

For those of you wondering where I have been, it has just been a busy week and a fab weekend with family.  I have a couple of days off at the moment though and am enjoying a little me (craft) time :-)

But now it's time for a new challenge at In The Pink and our theme is...

MOTHER'S DAY OR SPECIAL LADY

We know that not everyone will be making Mother's Day cards so any card for a special lady will do and we'd love it if you told us who it's for.
My card is for my mother-in-law's birthday but I always struggle to put names on cards so you can't tell from looking at it - lol!



She enjoys gardening so I bought this stamp with her in mind and of course, it works so well in pink!  I used the out-of-the-box technique to cut it into a circle to match the doodled frame of the stamped image.


Card recipe;
Dies: Die-namics circle stax, Anja's vintage swirls - Marianne Designs
Lace: from stash (East of India brand)

Copic colours;
Bear: E40/41/32/43
Wheelbarrow: E35/37/47/49
Presents: RV0000/000/R81/83/85/R59 & V20/22/25
Butterfly / tulips: R81/83
Grass / leaves: YG61/93/95

If you pop over to In The Pink you can check out the fabulous creations from my teamies.

I will be back later today with another card so for now, thanks for visiting and I really appreciate any comments that you leave.

Hugs,
Kat xx

Challenges I am entering;
1.  As You Like It (fave 3D texture object - mine is more of a combo than 1 item as I love lace layered with twine tied in a bow with a flower on top - it just looks so elegant)
2.  A Creative Romance (bingo: pink, flowers, pearls)
3.  Totally Gorjuss (happy birthday)
4.  The Ribbon Girl (birthday)

14 comments:

In The Pink said...

Your card is beautiful Kat and I'm sure your M-I-L will treasure it. The design is perfect (as your designs always seem to be.. and I love your colouring of that image... which somehow, I don't own!! Think it's going on my shopping list, cos as you say, it's so perfect for gardeners!

Big hugs and hope you're having a lovely couple of days off..

Christine x

Sarah said...

This is ever so pretty Kat and perfect indeed for a gargener. xx

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Kat. I love the cute image, such beautiful colouring and some of my favourite papers too. Your neat stitching finishes the design of perfectly.
hugs Sue xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Hi Kat what a gorgeous card just perfect for someone who enjoys spending time in the garden. Lovely layout and fabulous stitching mine is always so crooked! Susan x

Squirrel x said...

Oh my, Kat, this is so adorable! Love that little bear with his packages, wonder what's in them? Gorgeous pinks and pretty details, you have one very lucky m-i-l hun. Brilliant, naturally. Hugs xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Beautiful layout and colouring, fabulous card

Judith said...

Aw this is so pretty - and pink! I love this image hugs Judith x

Unknown said...

It's very, very cute, girl. :)
Have a sweet day...

Marilyn said...

This is gorgeous Kat and your Mum-in-law is going to love it!

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

Such a gorgeous card - love this image and how you've coloured it!
Rebecca.

Annette said...

Love love love love love this. (did I mention that I love it?)
Those papers are some of my faves too. I may have to buy another pad for backup :0)
And of course all the lovely pink.
Yup, LOVE IT!!
Hugs
Annette - Netty's Cards
xx
Proud to design for :
Crafty Little Fairies,
Top Tip Tuesday,
ABC Christmas,
As You Like It,
Pink Gem Designs,
The Stamp Basket, and
Stampfairy.

Patricia said...

Brilliant card love everything you have done on it.

Patricia x

Anonymous said...

Very pink Kat..... tehehhehhe! but Super cute, love the lace/twine combo and love your sewing too! Thanks for joining in with our challenge at As You Like It,
hugs Samantha :0)

Berry said...

This is adorable Thanks for sharing with us at A Creative Romance Hugs Rebekah xx